Level 2 Triathlon Coach
The level 2 course has been fully revised for 2016; this includes all new resources, online assessment and more engaging face to face delivery.
The level 2 qualification aimed at people with some experience of coaching (formally or informally) and of triathlon. The knowledge gained from completing this qualification will allow you to develop an understanding of safe, ethical and effective triathlon coaching.
The certificate qualifies you to independently plan, deliver and evaluate triathlon related activities to groups of children and/ or adults in any of the Level 2 coaching environments, including coaching in open water environments.
This course focuses on producing a competent club session coach who can promote the benefits of participating in triathlon, and develop appropriate skill acquisition through quality coaching of participants from grass roots level upwards.
The course is spread over 5 days over a period of 5-6 months
- 4 full learning days
- 1 assessment and personal review day
- 40-60 hours of home study which includes:
- Pre course work for each weekend attended (allow 2-4 hours)
- Session planning and delivery of 6-10 coaching sessions in club environment
- Completion of online tasks
- Review of online learning resource
For the new 2016 course we have moved most of the ‘theory’ to home study modules and the face to face component will focus on practical and scenario based activities.
- Delivering engaging and effective sessions
- Understanding and analysing athletes
- Planning progressive sessions
- Coaching safely across a range of environments, including open water
- How to work with range of participant ages, abilities and aspirations
The course is supported by an online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the course, and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
You will be given access to the the reources around 4 weeks before your course starts,
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a level 1 triathlon coach qualification or complete a direct entry process.
- Be a member of a British Triathlon home nation. This is to provide coaching insurance cover.
- Have access to a device for the online resource.
- You will be registered for the qualification for a period of 24 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course, you will be able to:
- Plan, deliver and review engaging, performance improvement sessions
- Evaluate participant performances
- Create periodised and progressive plans for groups
- Safely deliver session across a range of environments including open water
- Work with others when creating plans and delivering sessions
The course fee includes the five day course, online and practical assessment, all coaching resources, educator support and the learner registration fee to 1st4sport. If you miss any element of the course or assessment you may be required to pay an additional fee.