Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon
The Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon is the highest qualification on offer with Triathlon England.
The Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Triathlon is designed for individuals who are dedicated to coaching and want to improve both their theoretical and practical coaching skills.
- Course will be over 9 days
- Course dates spread over around 7-9 months
- Specialist deliverers and guest speakers
- Utilising latest coaching technology
- Huge increase in external facility costs
- Logistical costs for the range of equipment required
- quality issues with regional facilities.
- location of specialist deliverers
- utilising highest class of facilities in world recognised sport university
- adapting course times to improve learning
Introduction to the Level 3 CCTRI course
Roles and responsibilities
Working with Athletes and Support Personnel: Understanding People
Analysing Your Coaching
The Level 3 planning process
Programme Planning & Periodisation
The challenges of coaching Triathlon
Performance Science – Physiology for Triathlon Performance
Performance Science - Nutrition for Triathlon Performance
Coaching Performance in Triathlon Swimming
Technique for triathlon swimming
Technology in swimming ( equipment and wet suits )
Observation, analysis and implementation
Coaching Performance in Triathlon Cycling
Bike fit for performance gains
Key techniques for draft legal cycling
Coaching Performance in Triathlon Running
Laboratory testing session ( live Vo2max test)
Practical activity- field testing
Performance Science- Sports Psychology for Triathlon
Understanding the mindset of a performance athlete.
Paratriathlon - Developing performance
Understanding how to develop performance in Paratriathletes
Peer review of ACE project progress
Open Learning Session
Guest speaker session (afternoon)
ACE presentations and viva with tutors
Individual professional discussions (including performance reviews) and action planning.
- access to the latest level 1 & 2 resources for reflective practise
- access to level 3 on line resource
- supporting text books
The fee for 2013 Level 3 courses will be £1195. This fee includes all learning materials, candidate and certification fees. This fee was revised in April 2013.
British Triathlon reserve the right to change this fee for any future courses.
Full terms and conditions can be found in the application form which is located on the find a course page.
The following are the minimum entry requirements for Level 3, this information will be recorded on the Application Form, and will be verified as part of the induction process.
- Hold a British Triathlon or UKCC Level 2 Coaching Triathlon certificate
- Minimum 60 hours logged coaching - from completion of Level 2. Across all three disciplines ( min 20 hours each), over a period of at least 1 year.
- Minimum of 2 years of coaching experience
- Reference from Senior Coach or Club Chair
- Record of personal development since Level 2 (e.g. CPD)