Triathlon England Awards 2015
As everyone within sport knows, the help given by volunteers is invaluable. The majority of sports would not exist without them and Triathlon is no different.
Held at Chessington World of Adventures, on Saturday 14th November, the Triathlon England Awards 2015 were hosted by Bill James, Triathlon England Chair, and the awards were presented to the winners by Dave Rigby, Triathlon England President.
Following the receipt of over 170 nominations, the Regional Committees selected their winners, who were then forwarded to the National awards. The winners of the Triathlon England Awards 2015 are:
|Volunteer of the Year||Andrzej Warhaftig||London|
|Young Volunteer of the Year||Grace Birkens||Eastern|
|Children's Event of the Year||Lincoln Tri Kids Triathlon||East Midlands|
|Official of the Year||Peter Lambert||London|
|Children's Coach of the Year||Nicky McCulloch||South East|
|Commercial Event of the Year||Triathlon Relays||East Midlands|
|Participation Coach of the Year||Tony Jolly||North West|
|Club Event of the Year||Norwich Triathlon||Eastern|
|Club of the Year||Brighton Tri Club||South East|
A massive congratulations to all those who were nominated, and especially to our winners!
Pictures from the presentation can be found on our Facebook page.
Recognising and rewarding the volunteers by way of our Awards is one of our ways to say thank you for all the hard work they put in year after year.
We need your help to identify which people and organisations really make a difference to the sport of Triathlon. We're looking for exceptional nominees who go above and beyond in delivering fantastic events, coaching, officiating and volunteering.
In 2015 there will be awards in the following categories:
- Volunteer - this can be any member who plays a role within the organisation of a club, gives up their time to support events, or without whose help people would not get the most out of triathlon
- Young Volunteer - this can be any member under 20 years of age who gives up their time to the benefit of others within the world of Triathlon
- Participation Coach - this can be any member who coaches at any level, and is an inspirational figure to their athletes
- Children's Coach - this can be any member that coaches predominently children, whose inclusive approach allows everyone to feel welcome
- Club - we want to recognise the clubs that are shining lights within the Triathlon community
- Official - the sport couldn't operate without officials who know the rules and keep events fair, but encourage everyone to gain better understanding through education
- Club Event - an exceptional, club-run event which goes the extra mile to make competitors feel special
- Children's Event - whether triathlon, duathlon or aquathlon, this event should be safe, fair and welcoming to children of all ages and abilities
- Commercial Event - be it large or small, we want to know which commercially organised event is the 'must do' event of the past 12 months
The process for determining the Triathlon England award winners is as follows:
If there are any categories without a nomination the Regional Committee will be able to nominate an individual in that category. If there is only one nomination in a category they will be considered as the Regional winner.
Below are the key dates for the Triathlon England Awards 2015:
- Nominations open: NOW CLOSED!
- Nominations close: NOW CLOSED!
- Regional Winners determined: NOW CLOSED!
- Triathlon England Winners determined: NOW CLOSED!
Nominees for Triathlon England Awards must be current TE members, affiliated clubs or permitted events.
Nominations have now closed - thanks to all that put forward nominations!
The Triathlon England board will also determine the overall Volunteer, Coach and Event of the Year for Triathlon England. These winners, along with the winners of the Official of the Year category will be nominated for the British Triathlon Awards where they will be up against the category winners from Welsh Triathlon and triathlonscotland.