The Event Qualitymark scheme is designed to provide a quality assurance standard for events, as well as providing a useful resource for new and established events alike.
By signing up to the scheme, organisers are taking the first step towards demonstrating that their event is one of high quality and provides an advanced level of athlete experience. By completing the system we feel that you will not only add value to your event but also gain an increase in publicity, awareness and ultimately numbers of athletes.
How does my event begin the Qualitymark process?
To begin the Qualitymark process for your event you will either need to contact your regional programme manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application form.
What your organisation is required to do to gain Qualitymark
Upon submitting the application form, event organisers will be contacted by their regional programme manager who will assist you through the Qualitymark process.
Each Qualitymark star level has associated criteria covering all elements of the event organisation process. An electronic portfolio will then be produced with the support of the regional programme manager, providing evidence that the event meets the criteria. This portfolio will then be submitted to an independent panel for assessment.
This process has been developed to minimise additional work required by the event organisers.
How your organisation will benefit from Qualitymark
Event organisers not only benefit from the resources and support of their Regional Programme Manager to increase the quality of their event but will also benefit in the following ways:
- Free officials qualification each year
- Free tickets to the Triathlon England Event Organisers Conference
- Reduced fee for the Triathlon England Event Organisers Course (subjective to availability)
- Use of the Qualitymark Logo on event literature
- Handbook Coverage as an accredited event
- Notification of Qualitymark within events listings
To find out more information and to sign up to the scheme please contact your Regional Development Manager or email email@example.com.
In order for an event to become accredited they must demonstrate and provide evidence that their event meets all set criteria.
As an athlete this ensures minimum operating standards in:
- Athlete Provision
- Event Organisation
- Officiated event (fairness)
- Recognized by local safety groups
- Events committed to continual development
- Engagement with national governing body
Below is a list of the events that have successfully completed the process.
- Northampton Tri
- Duston Tri
- Grendon Tri
- Speedy Beaver/Little Beaver
- Thames Turbo Childrens Aquathlon
- Norwich Junior Triathlon
- Bexhill Lions Triathlon
- Tipton Aquathlon
- Solihull Aquathlon
- The London Fields Aquathlon
- Maldon Tri
- Fambridge Middle Distance Tri
- Big East Triathlon (Formerly Bradwell)
- Thames Turbo Children Triathlon
- Stokesley Spring Duathlon
- Eastern Region Club Championships
- Cotswold Sprint Triathlon
- Chichester Triathlon
- Deva Divas triathlon
- West Midlands Open water Aquathlon
- Tri together
- Cleveland Tri
- Stowe Triathlon
- Northumberland Tri QE2 Sprint Triathlon
- Thames Turbo Sprint Series
- Jekyll and Hyde Duathlon
- Mark Tanton Memorial Children's Tri
- Althorp Duathlon
- Spalding Triathlon
- The Virgin Active London Triathlon