The nominations for the 2016 Triathlon England Awards have now opened. The closing date for nominations is Wednesday 7 September at 5pm.
Recognising and rewarding the volunteers by way of our Awards are one of the ways we say thank you for all the hard work they put in year after year.
In 2016, the Triathlon England awards will be awarded in the following categories:
- Volunteer - Awarded to any member who plays a role within the organisation of a club, gives up their time to support events, or without whose help people would not get the most out of triathlon
- Young Volunteer - This is awarded to any member under 20 years of age who gives up their time to the benefit of others within the world of Triathlon
- Participation Coach - This goes to any member who coaches at any level, and is an inspirational figure to their athletes
- Children's Coach - Awarded to any member that coaches predominantly children, whose inclusive approach allows everyone to feel welcome
- Club - We want to recognise the clubs that are shining lights within the Triathlon community
- Official - The sport couldn't operate without officials who know the rules and keep events fair, but encourage everyone to gain better understanding through education
- Club Event - An exceptional, club-run event which goes the extra mile to make competitors feel special
- Children's Event - Whether triathlon, duathlon or aquathlon, this event should be safe, fair and welcoming to children of all ages and abilities
- Commercial Event - Be it large or small, we want to know which commercially organised event is the 'must do' event of the past 12 months
For more information on how to nominate, click here.