British Triathlon is delighted to announce the launch of its first Volunteering Plan which will aim to create a world-leading volunteer pathway that recruits, supports and recognises volunteers operating across the sport.
Volunteers have and always will play a vital part in the development and delivery of triathlon. We are delighted to outline our volunteer vision and plan over the next 6 years.
To deliver the vision, British Triathlon in partnership with the Home Nation Associations of Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland, Welsh Triathlon and the Triathlon Trust will focus on five strategic areas:
- Create attractive and easily accessible volunteering opportunities for new and existing volunteers.
- Develop a volunteer workforce that is more representative of our society.
- Support and develop volunteers to ensure they receive a meaningful and worthwhile experience in triathlon.
- Champion all volunteers through a clear reward and recognition scheme.
- Establish and develop collaborative working partnerships to add value to the implementation of the volunteering plan.
We’ve created an ambitious plan that, we believe, reflects the ambitions of our organisation and the expectations of our clubs, event organisers and members. You can download and read a copy of the plan via the button below.