British Triathlon have developed an upgrade process to allow existing Level 1 Assistant Coaches to upgrade to the 2016 remit that can be easily incorporated into a busy schedule.
With the release of new coaching qualifications in 2016, British Triathlon identified that many existing level 1 coaches would benefit from the changes and additions within the new Level 1 coaching remit.
To avoid the additional costs and time-restraints associated with undertaking a new course, the method of delivery will involve participants having the ability to complete online learning in their own time, with the guidance from an experienced course tutor.
A selection of courses have already been piloted, with over 50 coaches having completed the course or are working towards completion and we are now releasing the opportunity to all qualified Level 1 Coaches.
The new Level 1 qualification will allow a coach to lead and deliver (pre-planned) sessions or plan basic sessions (reviewed by a higher qualified triathlon coach) in a range of club environments. The course is done entirely on line in your own time and British Triathlon are currently offering this for £25.
- Learners will be given access to all new materials via the learning hub.
- The course will take approximately 7-10 hours of home study to complete.
- 8 weeks is given from the start of the course to complete in full.
- A course tutor will give guidance and feedback throughout.
- There is no requirement for practical assessment or course attendance.
We are keen to offer this to as many coaches who would be interested and we will release around 25-50 spaces per month, depending on demand.
Full details can be found here, along with a link to book a place.